NOC-Tool Catalogue Revisions (noctool2) Concluded WG
Note: The data for concluded WGs is occasionally incorrect.
|WG||Name||NOC-Tool Catalogue Revisions|
|Area||User Services Area (usv)|
|Dependencies||Document dependency graph (SVG)|
Charter for Working Group
The NOC-Tools Working Group will update and revise their catalog to
assist network managers in the selection and acquisition of diagnostic
and analytic tools for TCP/IP Internets.
- Update and revise the reference document that lists what tools are
what they do, and where they can be obtained.
- Identify additional tools available to assist network managers in
and maintaining their networks that were inadvertently omitted in
- Identify additional new or improved tools that have become apparent
last compilation of the reference document.
- Arrange for the central (or multi-point) archiving of these tools in
increase their availability.
- Establish procedures to ensure the ongoing maintenance of the
the archive, and identify an organization willing to do it.
|Done||Follow-up with final amendments to the document and the submission of the catalog to RFC Editor as an FYI RFC for publication.|
|Done||Draft of catalog will be prepared, draft to be reviewed and modified. Initiate IETF Internet-Draft review process by submission of a ``Son of NOCTools'' catalog draft to IESG Secretary.|
|Done||Review Internet tool needs and updates/corrections for the ``Son of NOCTools'' catalog. Discussion of additional input to the catalog.|